Children must be four years old (for Pre-K) or have just completed grade you are registering for.
Week-long camps are offered for ages 4 through grade 5.
Half Day Camp- $135 member, $150 non-members
Full Day Camp – $260 member, $290 non-members
Museum educators help children explore nature and space through hands-on activities, touring through the Museum, and learning about animals.
Reservations may be made in person, or by phone, using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card.
To sign up online, please click on the dates you would like to register for, then fill out the secure online form.
Join Wait List
If a class is full, please call 757-595-9135 or utilize our online wait list form for consideration.Wait List Me
Class size is limited, so sign up early! A minimum enrollment is established for each class and must be met at least five days prior to the first class meeting. You may cancel up to one week before the class unless otherwise stated, and receive a refund less a $10 handling fee. After that time, no refunds can be made. If the Virginia Living Museum cancels the program, a full refund will be issued. Members receive a discount on all classes. Join now!
Half Day Camps | Pre-K ages 4-5
Up, Up and Away!
Look up in the sky and what will you find?! Learn about objects in the sky and discover what makes them fly!
It’s a Bug’s Life
Discover a day in the life of creepy crawly bugs! We will think big while talking about something small.
Jeepers creepers, what’s that creature? Let’s learn about real and imaginary animals!
Full Day Camps | Grades K-2
Explore the world through books and science. We will be inspired by a book each day and have activities, experiments and adventures based off the books we read.
Let’s take a look at some of the gross things that science has to offer. From sneezes to poop, gross things are everywhere! Get ready to explore all things icky!
Summer Science Lab
Join us in the Summer Science Lab as we explore biology, chemistry, and physics. Get ready to question, experiment and create!
What does it mean to go green? Learn about our interconnected ecosystems and how our choices impact the world around us. Discover practical ways to help protect the planet by participating in
sustainable actions and stewardship activities to create a happy, healthy environment.
A Fine Mess
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty! Nature is full of mess and we are going to explore it – from owl pellets to chemical reactions you never know where the mess is going to come from!
What would aliens look like, where would they live? We can’t travel to space to find these answers but we can bring space to us!
New add-on to Camp Programs
VLM is now offering extended pick up hours for busy parents. The cost covers all five days of camp.
Time: 3:00pm-5:00pm | Cost: $100Aftercare registration
Come to the front desk for pickup from aftercare. No snacks will be provided, bring your own snack.
In-person Camp Changes
- No before care will be offered.
- Drop off will occur outside. Please stay in your car and drive up when we are ready to receive campers for the day.
- A verbal health check for COVID-19 symptoms will be required before we can accept a camper for the day.
- Pick-up will be a drive up only. Please stay in your car. You will be asked to create a two word code combination that only you and authorized adults know upon registration. This will take the place of handing over your photo ID.
- Campers will be given a supply list of some items to bring with them on Day 1 such as pencils, glue, and crayons. These items will be theirs to use exclusively for the duration of the camp.
- Our outdoor areas will be utilized more frequently. Please make sure your child comes with a water bottle to stay hydrated and dressed for the weather.
- Current camp capacity is at 15 campers for K-5 full day camps, and 8 campers for half day Pre-K camps. We will create a waitlist for each camp as needed.
Other Precautionary Measures
- Camp leaders will be the only ones handling high touch surfaces such as doors.
- Each camper will have their own allocated space to leave their belongings.
- All rooms have minimally 2 sinks for hand washing and multiple stations with hand sanitizer.
- Snacks and lunches will be consumed in individual classrooms.
- Areas will be sanitized after use, with special attention to surfaces before and after snack and lunch times.
- Refund policy will be relaxed and prorated if your child becomes sick during the week and you keep them home. Knowingly sending your child sick to camp forfeits your right for a refund.
- If a fever is present, your child will not be allowed back to camp until 24 hours after their fever breaks without medication.