Spring Break Camps 2023
Museum educators help children explore nature and space through hands-on activities, touring through the Museum, and learning about animals.
Children must be four years old (for Pre-K) or currently in the grade you are registering for. Week-long camps are offered for ages 4 through grade 3.
Pre-K Half Day Camp – $135 member; $150 non-members
Full Day Camp – $260 member; $290 non-members
Reservations may be made in person, or by phone, using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card.
To sign up online, please click on the dates you would like to register for, then fill out the secure online form.
Join Wait List
If a class is full, please call 757-595-9135 or utilize our online wait list form for consideration.
Class size is limited, so sign up early! A minimum enrollment is established for each class and must be met at least five days prior to the first class meeting. You may cancel up to two weeks before the class and receive a refund (minus a $10 handling fee). After that time, no refunds can be made. If the Virginia Living Museum cancels the program, a full refund will be issued.
Half Day Camp | Pre-K ages 4-5
In The Garden
What will you find in the garden? Come explore all the plants and animals as we learn to grow a garden.
Date: April 3-7
Full Day Camps | Grades K-1
Find the things that are just out of sight! It might be a camouflaged animal, sparkly treasure below the earth’s surface, or a far-off planet. Get out your magnifying glass and telescopes for this adventure.
Date: April 3-7
Do you love science? Do you also like to get a little silly sometimes? Experiment with us to discover the kooky side of chemistry, biology, and physics.
Date: April 3-7Spring Break Camp tickets
- Drop off will occur outside. Please stay in your car and drive up when we are ready to receive campers for the day.
- Pick-up will be a drive up only. Please stay in your car. You will be asked to create a two word code combination that only you and authorized adults know upon registration.
- Campers will be given a supply list of some items to bring with them on Day 1 such as pencils, glue, and crayons. These items will be theirs to use exclusively for the duration of the camp.
- Our outdoor areas will be utilized more frequently. Please make sure your child comes with a water bottle to stay hydrated and dresses for the weather.
- Current camp capacity is at 15 campers for K-3 full day camps, and 8 campers for half day Pre-K camps. We will create a waitlist for each camp as needed.
Other Precautionary Measures
- Camp leaders will be the only ones handling high touch surfaces such as doors.
- Each camper will have their own allocated space to leave their belongings.
- All rooms have minimally 2 sinks for hand washing and multiple stations with hand sanitizer.
- Snacks and lunches will be consumed in individual classrooms.
- Areas will be sanitized after use, with special attention to surfaces before and after snack and lunch times.
- If a fever is present, your child will not be allowed back to camp until 24 hours after their fever breaks without medication.
Pick-up Policy & Photo Release Policy