Interested in renting the VLM’s telescopes for a camping trip, to test one out before you buy one, a family get-together, just for fun, or for a special celestial event/party?
Your rental will include:
- a 3-6 inch telescope (either reflecting or refracting)
- at least one medium range eyepiece
- an appropriate mount
- a finder scope
- a solar filter is available with some kits
- set-up instruction sheet and parts list
- The cost is $10 per night (There is no refund in case of inclement weather).
- Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Telescopes are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A brief primer on the use of the telescope will be given/required at pick up.
- Renters must pay for the number of nights they intend to keep the telescope up front, then pay for any additional nights on return if you choose to keep it longer (need to contact the Museum if you exceed the days registered).
- All individuals renting a telescope must be over the age of 18 and sign a statement releasing the Virginia Living Museum from responsibility for damages to persons or property incurred through the use or misuse of the telescope and its accessories.
- Renters must have a valid credit card which the Museum will imprint (in the event that the telescope is not returned or is returned with pieces missing or broken, the renter agrees that the Museum shall have permission to purchase replacement items on the renter’s account.
In the event that the telescope is returned with missing or broken pieces, replacement items/parts will be charged to the renter’s credit card.
Reserve your scope today, 595-1900 x256!