Interested in renting a telescope for a camping trip, to test one out before you buy one, just for fun, or for a special celestial event/party? Reserve your scope today, call 595-1900 x256.
Your rental will include:
- a 2-6 inch telescope (either reflecting or refracting)
- at least one medium range eyepiece
- an appropriate mount
- a finder scope
- a solar filter is available with some kits
- set-up instruction sheet and parts list
- The cost is $10 per night.
- No refund in case of inclement weather
- Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Telescopes are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment is due in advance. If you wish to keep the telescope longer than planned, please contact the Museum to check for availability and to update payment.
- A brief primer on the use of the telescope will be given/required at pick up.
- All individuals renting a telescope must be over the age of 18 and sign a statement releasing the Virginia Living Museum from responsibility for damages to persons or property incurred through the use or misuse of the telescope and its accessories.
- Renters must have a valid credit card on file.
- In the event that the telescope is not returned or returned with missing/ broken pieces, replacement items/parts will be charged to the renter’s credit card.