Outdoor Dino Parties
Celebrate a special day with a celebration at the Virginia Living Museum. Enjoy a self-guided tour of our indoor exhibits (62,000 sq. foot!) that showcase a variety of live native animals from the different geographic regions of Virginia, including a Chesapeake Bay Touch Tank and four hands-on Discovery Centers. Our ¾ mile Outdoor Trail showcases the Virginia Garden, Goodson Living Green house, Conservation Garden and our larger animals, including otters, raccoons, bobcats, deer and more!
Party Times and Cost
Parties are held on Saturday and Sunday only from 10am – noon OR 2pm – 4pm. Outdoor Dino Parties are $470 for members or $520 for non-members.
- Speegle Event Tent for 3 hours (includes 30 minutes for set up and 30 minutes for getting your things out of the tent). Tent is located in the Dinosaur Discovery Trail area on the outdoor trail.
- Free admission to all indoor and outdoor natural history exhibits (up to 30 people including yourselves, children age 2 and under are free to the museum and are not included in your count). This includes members and non-members. Additional people will be charged $12 per person on the day of the event.
- Picnic tables
- Party hosts
- 15’ walking/roaring T-Rex (or for rain plan – inflatable dinosaur mascot)
- DINO bingo activity involving paleo artifacts in Dinosaur Discovery Trail
- Tablecloths, cups, napkins, plates and utensils
- $2 Dino Themed Party Bags (14)
- $5 Gift Certificate for Museum purchases
- 11 x 17 sign with child’s name for Dino parade.
- Cart will be available to use for transporting food and gifts
You will provide:
- All food, ice, beverages, candles and matches
Inclement weather plan:
- Reschedule the party within 30 days.
- Guest may use indoor classroom space as a substitute.
- Inflatable costumed dinosaur will replace 15’ dinosaur with a $75 refund
- Live animal show will be added
Refund or Cancellation:
- Full refund if reservation is canceled at least 30 days in advance
- No refund if reservation is canceled with less than 30 days notice unless there is an extenuating circumstance. In this case, the Reservations Office will work with guest to identify a new date to reschedule the party. If a new date cannot be found, guest will be refunded half of their party package.
- Sorry, no refrigeration or freezer facilities are available.
- Please do NOT bring any pinatas, glitter, confetti, silly string, poppers, stickers, stick on vinyls, etc.
- For the health and safety of our animals, balloons are NOT allowed on the outdoor trail.
For questions or to make a reservation: Call (757) 595-9135, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm
- Payment must be made at the time of the reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards over the phone.
- VLM Wild Side Café can offer packages too – contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-534-7477.
- Additional gift bags can be ordered at the Wild Things Museum Store.
- Invitations to download – go to Birthday Parties on the website.
Call our Reservations Department at 757-595-9135, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4:30 pm or email us. Payment must be made at the time of the reservation. We accept American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa over the phone.Complete Reservation Form