Date(s) - December 10th
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Looking for some Saturday night fun? Start with a planetarium program. Then experience a sensory extravaganza as laser shows provide music to both the eyes and ears every second Saturday of the month. The museum has an incredible laser system that splashes brilliant high-color LED laser light all across the entire surface of the dome. It’s the most amazing light show you’ve ever seen! Plus, there’s music to suit every taste. Different bands are featured every month.
Cost: Members $5, non-members $8 per show.
December 10: Stargazing Night
Star of Wonder: Mystery of the Christmas Star
Experience the journey of the Magi around you. Since 1965, the museum has journeyed in the footsteps of the Magi. Over the years, the scientific thinking has changed, archaeology has revealed new clues, and our understanding of who the Magi might actually have been has grown. The show was completely revised in 2008 to offer a truly immersive look at the journey of the Magi while examining the latest clues and seeking once more to understand the appearance of the Star of Bethlehem.
A mix of classic and modern holiday hits! PLEASE NOTE: This list represents all possible song choices. Your laserist will choose which songs you’ll experience in your actual program.
- Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by Tchaikovsky
- Up on the Housetop by The Jackson 5
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Burl Ives
- Winter Wonderland by The Eurythmics
- Deck the Halls by The Philharmonic Orchestra
- Jingle Bell Rock by Randy Travis
- White Christmas by Bing Crosby
- Christmastime by The Smashing Pumpkins
- Oiche Chiun (Silent Night) by Enya
- The Chipmunk Song by Alvin and the The Chipmunks
- All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth by Spike Jones and His City Slickers
- Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano
- Rockin Around the Christmas Tree by Ronnie Spector and Darlene Love
- Frosty the Snowman by the Cocteau Twins
- Carol of the Bells by David Foster
- The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
- All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas by James Galway
Laser Holidays tickets
A mix of legendary giants of Rock and Roll!
- Crazy Train by Ozzsy Osbourne
- Juke Box Hero by Foreigner
- Ramble On by Led Zeppelin
- Suffragette City by David Bowie
- Long Distance Runaround by Yes
- La Grange by ZZTop
- From the Beginning by Emerson, Lake and Palmer
- Tonight, Tonight, Tonight by Genesis
- YYZ by Rush
- Ace of Spades by Motorhead
Laser Rock tickets
Dark Side of the Moon
Recommended: ages 15 and above
From the very beginning of lasers, this album has represented the ultimate in laser show experiences. And it’s still true today. Join us for the seminal laser show experience with one of the most incredible albums of all time. Considered by many critics to be the album that brought the commercial breakthrough to Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon offers a mixture of psychedelic, rock and jazz sounds. Its sonic backdrops and atmospheric soundscapes combined with a unique assortment of sound effects yield an emotional resonance. When accompanied by a diverse and unusual display of laser art, the overall feel is a dramatic and haunting atmosphere.
Some of these songs contain lyrics some parents may find objectionable. Please be aware that volume levels during our Pink Floyd program will be high and the imagery can be intense.
- Speak to Me
- On the Run
- The Great Gig in the Sky
- Us and Them
- Any Colour You Like
- Brain Damage
Dark Side of the Moon tickets
Add to Calendar