Job Description: Development Associate – Grants
Status: Part-Time, Hourly, 29 hours or less/ Week (on-site)
General Statement of Duties
The Development Associate for Grants is responsible for raising financial support from granting agencies and foundations for Museum activities. As a key member of the Museum’s Development team, the Grants Associate reports to the Development Director and works closely with museum administration, staff, and volunteer committees to secure support for the Museum.
- Minimum 4 years of grant writing or development experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and research skills with an eye for detail
- A clear understanding of the role of philanthropy to the mission of the Museum
- Results-oriented and goal-driven
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Database software experience desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhances the guest experience and programs as:
- A positive and enthusiastic representative of the Virginia Living Museum.
- Researching funding opportunities for Museum projects and programs.
- Research prospective and current funding sources, produce research reports, analyze results and funding progress reports, and grow opportunities at $50,000 and above by:
- Manage and prepare required materials for granting sources
- Write proposals and grant award reports
- Manage the Museum’s Grant schedule
- Write case statements for funding opportunities
- Coordinate cultivation of grantors and stewardship plan
- Participate in the cultivation and solicitation of various funding sources for sponsorships, annual fund, and all museum activities
- Help develop communication materials to meet fundraising goals
- Work schedule flexibility required for occasional early morning, evening, and weekend activities to include on-site and off-site meetings, training, and fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and perceive detailed information through oral communication.
- Physical requirements include sedentary work with the ability to use a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to move from one work site to another.
- Must have close visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and operate a computer and perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data; transcribing; and extensive reading.
Supervision Exercised: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Development Associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate Supervisor/Director. The Virginia Living Museum reserves the right to update, revise or change the job description and related duties at any time.
Qualified applicants please submit a VLM application, cover letter, resume and references. No phone calls, please.