Job Description: Development Data Assistant
Status: Part-Time, Hourly, 29 hours or less/ Week (on-site)
General Statement of Duties
The Development Assistant is responsible for database support, gift recording, data integrity, security, and general department administrative support. In addition, this position will assist with gift acknowledgments and development reports, develop and implement data and gift-entry procedures, and provide database training. The Development Assistant reports directly to the Development Director.
- Minimum 2 years of development or related experience; bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 2 years database experience in an office setting. Knowledge of Altru preferred
- Results-oriented, superb attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced setting
- Clear understanding of the role of philanthropy to the mission of the VLM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills; to include oral (telephone) and written (editing) skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, emotionally mature and professional, flexibility with unanticipated requests. Strong team participant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Entry:
- Assist in accurate input of all museum donations into development database
- Ensure accurate pledge & membership entries according to gift level
- Update database records consistently to ensure accurate donor records
- Manage membership packet fulfillment with Donor Benefit Packet
- Support Development Database –Altru
- Supports the Development Services Manager to maintain database policies and procedures as related to all fundraising activities.
- Provides support for development reports as needed for staff members.
- Assists with Gift Acknowledgments, thank you & reminder letters for signature – to include, but not limited to: Individual, Corporate, In-Kind, Honor/Memorial & special letters and donor benefit packages.
- Provide general administrative support to the department, including bulk mailings and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements
- Work schedule flexibility required for occasional early morning, evening and weekend activities to include onsite and off-site meetings, training and fundraising events.
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas using the spoken word and perceive detailed information through oral communication and have the ability to make the discriminations in sound.
- Physical requirements include sedentary work with the ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to move from one work site to another.
- Must have close visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and operate a computer and perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data; transcribing; and extensive reading.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and utilize repetitive motions.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions for activities occurring indoors and outdoors.
Supervision Exercised: Development Interns
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Development Assistant will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate Supervisor/Director.
The Virginia Living Museum reserves the right to update, revise or change the job description and related duties at any time.
Qualified applicants please submit a VLM applicationEmployment Application, cover letter, resume and references.
No phone calls, please.