Job Description: Public Relations/Marketing Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
General Statement of Duties
The Public Relations Marketing Director is responsible for world-class brand development, communication strategies and campaigns, advertising, marketing, and associated staff. This position recognizes the capacity to achieve greater results by integrating volunteers and leveraging their diverse knowledge and skills. The position reports to the Executive Director.
Proven leader: Strategic, positive, self-motivated, customer-focused and highly perceptive
- Enthusiastic advocate for conservation, education and entertainment
- Superior abilities in both planning and tactics, communications, budget management, negotiations and personnel management
- 10 years marketing/communication leadership experience, Master’s Degree preferred
- Tourism and non-profit organization experience is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
Share and progress a world-class brand for conservation, education and entertainment!
- Support Strategic Plan initiatives: increase impact and expand reach
- Drive attendance and engagement through energetic leadership.
- Develop, deploy, and evaluate opportunities to connect people to nature.
- Create, implement and measure a comprehensive communications and public relations
program to enhance an excellent reputation, image and position.
- Facilitate all internal and external communications to include Museum campaigns and materials, annual/specialized marketing plans, publications, print/graphics, media relations, and social media.
- Editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Museum publications, print and electronic materials.
- Lead technological, media and online platform advances and encourage new engagement approaches.
- Ensure media interest in the Museum and regular contact with target media and requests. Oversee external contracts/services
- Lead all Museum departments in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities through counsel and service.
- Conduct relevant market research. Monitor trends and guest feedback.
- Manage, hire, and supervise department staff: media/promotions, graphics, web design team members and volunteers.
Qualified applicants please submit a VLM application, cover letter, resume and references.
No phone calls, please.
Connecting people to nature through educational experiences that promote
conservation thevlm.org 757.595.1900