Brian Skinner Elected President of Virginia Living Museum Board of Trustees
June 20, 2013
Brian K. Skinner, president TowneBank-Peninsula/Williamsburg, was been elected president of the Virginia Living Museum Board of Trustees for 2013-14 at the annual meeting June 19.
Kathy Howell, president and creative director, Howell Creative Group, was elected president-elect; Philip J. Forbes IV, owner and president, Philip J. Forbes IV, P.C., was elected secretary, and Rolf Bartschi, vice president, Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) Carrier Construction, Newport News Shipbuilding, was elected as treasurer. Dawn T. Hunt, DMD, Hunt Smile Design, serves on the executive committee as past president.
Elected to new three-year terms on the Board of Trustees were:
- Stephen M. Abbitt, managing director, Abbitt Realty & Abbitt Management, Newport News
- Alonzo R. Bell, Jr., principal broker, Randolph Real Estate Services Co., Newport News
- Brian W. Caro, president, Caro, Monroe & Liang, Architects, P.C., Newport News
- Jeffrey R. Carlson, M.D., Orthopaedic & Spine Center, Newport News
- Michelle T. Ferebee, manager, business development office, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton
- Philip J. Forbes IV, owner and president, Philip J. Forbes IV, P.C., Newport News
- Judy T. Morris, retired teacher and small business owner, Newport News
- Bradford N. Patten, president, Alcove Corporation, Williamsburg
- Barbara Reynolds, retired university development officer and zoo society director, Williamsburg.
Re-elected to the Board of Trustees were:
- Jerri Fuller Dickseski, corporate vice president, communications, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Newport News
- Jane Jordan Ishon, director of development, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Newport News
- Nancy F. Morter, director, program development, Riverside Health System, Newport News.
Regina P. Brayboy, and Howard McFadden were elected to the Board of Advisors. Re-elected were Mari Ann Banks, Jerome F. Clark. William B. Downey, John F. Garrett III, Ralph M. Goldstein, Willard D. Hoskins III, Herbert V. Kelly, Jr., Jeffrey Luckman, John Q.A. Mattern II and James B. Thomas, Jr.
As president of TowneBank Peninsula/Williamsburg, Brian Skinner leads the bank’s largest region. He joined TowneBank in 2007 after 16 years of senior leadership positions with a national bank. He is a graduate of Tabb High School, York County, and Christopher Newport University, and lives in York County with his wife, Candi, and two children.
Skinner is active member of the Hampton Roads community, serving on several local boards, including: Boys and Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula, Inc., Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, Greater Peninsula NOW, United Way of the Virginia Peninsula, An Achievable Dream, Inc., Hampton Roads Economic Development Authority, Mayor’s Task Force on Teenage and Young Adult Violence Reduction and York County School Board Education Committee. He has been a member of the VLM board since 2007. He received the Top 50 Distinguished Alumni Award from CNU in 2011.
The Virginia Living Museum is a private non-profit 501(c) 3 museum and education center whose mission is connecting people to nature through educational experiences that promote conservation.
For more information call 757-595-1900 or visit thevlm.org.