Alonzo R. Bell, Jr. was elected president of the Virginia Living Museum Board of Trustees for 2016-17 at the annual meeting June 8. Bell is principal broker with Randolph Real Estate Services, Inc., Newport News.
Bradford N. Patten, president, Alcove Corp., Williamsburg, was elected president-elect. Mark C. Hanna, executive vice president/Tidewater regional president, EVB, was elected secretary. James Burnett, controller, W.M. Jordan Company, Inc. was elected treasurer. Rolf Bartschi, vice president Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) Carrier Construction at Newport News Shipbuilding, serves on the executive committee as past president.
Elected to new three-year terms on the Board of Trustees were:
- Rebecca S. Aman, attorney at Jones Blechman Woltz & Kelly, Newport News.
- Leonard A. Bennett, founding partner of Consumer Litigation Associates, P.C., Newport News.
- Donald B. Brown, wealth management advisor with Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Co., Williamsburg.
- Nancy L. Levin, president of Newport Management Company, Inc., Newport News.
- Ross A. Mugler, Commissioner of the Revenue, City of Hampton.
- Shawn E. Neighbor, executive director, financial advisor and portfolio management director with Morgan Stanley, Newport News.
- Melinda Smith, senior banking advisor and vice president for PNC Wealth Management, Newport News and Norfolk.
- Karen Velkey, corporate vice president of compensation and benefits for Huntington Ingalls Industries, Newport News.
- Eric R. Wildemann, business developer with Capstone Corp., Virginia Beach.
Re-elected to the Board of Trustees were:
- Stephen M. Abbitt, managing director, Abbitt Realty & Abbitt Management, Newport News.
- Alonzo R. Bell, Jr., principal broker, Randolph Real Estate Services Co., Newport News.
- Jeffrey R. Carlson, M.D., Orthopaedic & Spine Center, Newport News.
- Michelle T. Ferebee, manager, business development office, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton.
- Philip J. Forbes IV, partner, Mulkey, Forbes, Reid & Barton Reid, PLC, Newport News.
- Alonzo Bell and Bradford N. Patten were also re-elected to new three-year terms.
The following former trustees were elected to the Board of Advisors: Brian W. Caro, Jerri Fuller Dickseski, Kathy Howell, Judy T. Morris, Nancy F. Morter and Barbara J. Reynolds.
Alonzo Bell has been a commercial real estate broker since 1989 and has operated Randolph Real Estate Services Co. in Oyster Point since 2000.
Bell received his BSE from Princeton in Civil Engineering & Operations Research. He is also a graduate of the VA Peninsula Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute, the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce Leadership Hampton Roads Program, the CIVIC Leadership Institute, and the Minority Business Executive Program at the Darden Graduate School of Business at the University of Virginia.
He is active in many organizations including the Board of Directors of the Boy’s and Girl’s Clubs, the Newport News Economic Development Authority /Industrial Development Authority, the Virginia Peninsula Chapter of the 100 Black Men of America, the Newport News Education Foundation, and the Newport News Alliance for Youth.
A native of Newport News, Bell and his wife, Sandra, have two daughters. He is also a high school football official and a member of the Peninsula Football Officials Association.
The Virginia Living Museum is a non-profit 501(c) 3 museum and education center whose mission is connecting people to nature through educational experiences that promote conservation. The museum is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.