Southeastern Seafood Watch Guide
When you shop for seafood, it pays to be choosy. Look for seafood that’s good for the oceans. If you want the best seafood, choose fish that’s plentiful and caught or farmed in ways that protect the oceans. The Southeastern Seafood Watch Guide, created by the Monterey Bay Aquarium, highlights sustainable seafood so you can enjoy your favorites while supporting a healthy oceanSeafood Watch Guide
Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch site for:
- More detailed information about these recommendations
- Recommendations for seafood not on this list
- The latest version of this and other regional guides
- Information on seafood and your health and much more…
How to Use This Guide
The seafood in this guide may occur in more than one column based on how it is caught, where it is from, etc. Please read all columns and be sure to check labels or ask questions when shopping or eating out.
- Where is the seafood from?
- Is it farmed or wild-caught?
- How was it caught?
If you’re not sure, choose something else from the green or yellow columns.
- Best Choices are abundant, well managed and caught or farmed in environmentally friendly ways.
- Good Alternatives are an option, but there are concerns with how they’re caught or farmed or with the health of their habitat due to other human impacts.
- Avoid for now as these items are caught or farmed in ways that harm other marine life or the environment.