Spring Break 2018 Welcomes New Moray Eel ExhibitBy thevlm In Press Releases
March 27, 2018 – Join the Virginia Living Museum for Spring Break as we celebrate Wonders of the Sea Week April 2 through April 6.
Opening on April 2, the Moray Eel Exhibit will be the new highlight of the Museum’s World of Darkness gallery. This exhibit will showcase the eel’s beautiful, strange, and unique appearances as well as its reclusive behavior. The exhibit will have a total volume of approximately 1000 gallons, with extensive custom rockwork complete with holes, cracks and hiding place in which morays can showcase their natural behaviors. Low LED lighting will accentuate the feel of light penetrating the depths while creating an eerie feel.
Special activities April 2-6 included in Museum admission:
- Take in “Coral Reefs: Nurseries of the Sea” conservation kiosk
- View a screening of the award winning documentary “Chasing Coral”
- Enjoy a sea-themed shows in the Abbitt Planetarium
- Witness a scuba program and fish feeding in the Chesapeake Bay Tank
- Five specialty tours will be offered thought the week. Take part in our new native plant tour and a get a chance to go behind-the-scenes. Specialty tours are $12 for members and $14 for non-members, plus museum admission.
Wonders of Sea Week and the Moray Eel exhibit are included in museum admission — adults $20, children (ages 3-12) $15. Museum members enjoy free daytime planetarium showings, non-members $4 plus museum admission.
Attention all Pirates and Mermaids! Wrap up the week with our Under the Sea Party, Saturday, April 7, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. This costume themed party for little Pirates and Mermaids is a real “Sea-labration”! It’s a costume party so wear your best mermaid, pirate, or Hawaiian shirt. Snack on tropical treats like fruit and yogurt parfaits, fish food crackers, and walk the cheese planks. Activities include:
- Stop by the Mermaid Cove for story time
- Rock-out with our Pirates on the dance floor with DJ
- Walk the Plank
- Go Fishin’
- Take photo with our live Mermaids and Pirates
- View a custom Scuba Dive at 7pm
- Learn how you can save our ocean treasures in our Conservation Kiosk
- Enjoy other great crafts, activities and games.
Tickets for Under the Sea Party are available for purchase at thevlm.org and are $7 for members and $12 for non-members. Ticket prices will increase to $10 for members and $15 for non-members starting April 2.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.