Family Outdoor Playdates
Each month a VLM educator will introduce a fun way for you and your family to interact with the natural world around us. Collect bugs and examine them up close in your very own bug box or learn about plants and take some home to grow in your own garden.More Information
Red Wolf Awareness Week – October 21-27
Celebrate red wolves with daily American Red Wolf enrichments at 1 pm. Plus, on Wednesday, October 24 at 3 pm our “Every Animal Has a Story” tour will showcase the American Red Wolf.
Night of the Living Museum – October 19 and 20
Time: 5:30-8:30 pm (Museum closing at 4 pm)
- Kids of all ages – wear your favorite costume and trick-or-treat through the exhibits.
- Enjoy live animal shows featuring Halloween critters in the amphitheater.
- Learn the ways of spiders and see a Halloween assortment of creepy crawlies.
- Take a nighttime hike along the outdoor boardwalk and dino trail.
- Make creepy crafts and play Halloween games.
- Rock to Fright Light laser shows in the planetarium
Cost: Pre-sale $10 per member (ages 2 and under free); $15 non-members. Day of $18 per member; $23 non-members until 4 pm.More Information
Oyster Roast – Saturday, November 10
Time: 3-6 pm (Museum closing at 2 pm)
Enjoy all-you-can-eat fresh local Chesapeake Bay oysters, fried seafood, chowder, dessert buffet, craft beers, wine, full bar, DJ/live music, commemorative glass, raffles & more at the Virginia Living Museum’s seventh annual Oyster Roast!More Information
Celebrate our birthday with $1 admission and special activities.