Newport News, VA (March 27, 2019)- Special Spring Break events at the VLM March 30- April 7
The Virginia Living Museum (VLM) invites the community to check out their special spring break tours, shows, and events. As the days begin to get longer and the weather gets warmer, animals become spirited, buds begin to bloom, and the outdoor fun is back with the Dinosaur Discovery Trail. The museum has planned additional events and programs for guests to enjoy in addition to the AMERICAN ADVENTURE Maze/Exhibit that concludes April 21:
- March 30 Frogs & Fairytales – Storybooks come alive for a day in this fairytale themed day of activities, LIVE shows and friendly critters. Purchase a ticket for a 10am Improvised Fairytale and Princess show by the “Brothers & Sisters Grimm” and hear Fiona sing! Enjoy a planetarium show($) and a live animal show (included in admission). Wear your favorite princess or fairytale costume and join in on a day of fairytale activities! For tickets: https://thevlm.org/events/museum-events/frogs-and-fairytales/
- April 1-5 Spring Break Camps – Grades K-5 can enjoy a five day camp with optional before/after care! Bring your own snack and lunch. Cost: $235 VLM Members, $265 non-members. More info:https://thevlm.org/education/kids/spring-break/
- April 6 Welcome Spring Event – Enjoy the creatures from the Teeny Tiny Farm from 10am-noon, crafts, activities, Eco Art Challenge, Animal Shows, Birding Bingo and more!
- April 6 Dino on the Loose – Join our walking T. rex for a 15 minute dinosaur parade at 1pm. Bring a camera for photo ops and a roaring good time on the outdoor Dinosaur Discovery Trail!
Special spring break tours will also be available for guests in addition to your year-round tours. Tours are an additional $12 for VLM members, $14 for non-members plus general admission. More information can be found at: https://thevlm.org/events/feedings-tours/seasonal/
- April 2 at 8:15am “Walk With the Keeper”
- April 4 at 3pm “All About Otters”
- April 5 at 3pm “Turtle Talk & Tour”
Even the Abbitt Planetarium is joining in on the spring break fun by featuring five shows. All daytime programs cost $4 plus Museum admission, VLM members are free. Times may vary.
- 11:30am Zula Patrol
- 12:30pm A Giant Leap
- 1:30pm Skies of Jamestown
- 2:30pm Virginia Skies
- 3:30pm Skies of Jamestown
Spring is in the air and the VLM encourages the community to shake off their winter blues and visit the museum. With an extensive lineup for spring break, the VLM hopes to provide numerous opportunities for visitors and members to enjoy their time off and engage in activities that expand their knowledge.
Admission for non-members is $20 for adults, $15 for children (ages 3-12); ages 2 and under and VLM members are free. For more information visit www.thevlm.org or call 757-595-1900.